A Brief History
- Art Leahy established Art’s Heat Controls in 1956 and went on to purchase Automatic Controls in 1967. In 1980, Automatic Controls entered into an agreement to distribute Barber-Colman products.
- In the early 1980s, Automatic Controls secured the industrial instrumentation service contract for Syncrude Canada and Saskatchewan Power Corporation as well as being involved with several civil instrumentation projects such as the Edmonton and Grande Prairie Waste Water Treatment plants.
- Since that time, Automatic Controls has become a leader in HVAC Direct Digital Control Systems.
Areas Of Specialization
- Direct Digital Control Systems Design and Installation
- HVAC Automation and Programmed Maintenance Services
- Energy Management and Facility Management Systems
- Open Systems Integration
- Remote Monitoring and Diagnostics
- Building Analytics
- Emergency Service
- Security Access Controls
- Client Training
Management, Administration, & Accounting
With over sixty years combined experience, our CEO – Jim Leahy, and Director – Ron Balsdon direct the affairs of the company to adhere to our Mission Statement.
System Design & Drafting
Over forty years of technical design and drafting experience give Automatic Controls the technical knowledge required to design today’s HVAC control systems. Top-of-the-line CAD tools and up-to-date design methodologies are utilized to promote efficient designs.
Software Design & Information Systems
Our software design team creates the HVAC controls software to meet your design specifications. Experience in controls programming, networking and many programming languages such as Niagara Framework, Java, LUA and HTML allow our designers to build detailed programs that satisfy any design criteria.
Construction & Installation
Professional field installers ensure quality installation using high standards and many years of installation experience. Our installers are members of the IBEW union and are graduates of University Engineering programs or NAIT Engineering Technology and trades programs.
We carry all of our most requested components in stock. Our Counter Sales team is responsible for the procurement of all parts and equipment for new construction, retrofits, and your daily controls requirements. Any part or equipment that is not stocked can be ordered through Schneider Electric or our other suppliers with minimal lead time. All of our parts meet Canadian quality standards. Before you go anywhere else, try us first.
We provide warranty, after-warranty, and maintenance service contracts in controls software and hardware, temperature controls, and HVAC equipment maintenance. Our System Support Program allows us to offer you upgrades at minimal and predictable costs, compliance with new environmental regulations and verification, access to very reliable operations and maintenance services, and remote equipment monitoring and diagnostics. Call Automatic Controls for all your maintenance service needs.