A Brief History
- Art Leahy established Art’s Heat Controls in 1956 and went on to purchase Automatic Controls in 1967. In 1980, Automatic Controls entered into an agreement to distribute Barber-Colman products.
- In the early 1980s, Automatic Controls secured the industrial instrumentation service contract for Syncrude Canada and Saskatchewan Power Corporation. Automatic Controls was also involved with several instrumentation projects including the Edmonton and Grande Prairie Waste Water Treatment plants.
- Automatic Controls has become a leader in HVAC controls and building automation systems throughout Alberta.
Areas Of Specialization
- Direct Digital Control Systems Design and Installation
- HVAC Automation and Programmed Maintenance Services
- Energy Management and Facility Management Systems
- Pelco Security Cameras
- Open Systems Integration
- Remote Monitoring and Diagnostics
- Building Analytics
- Emergency Service
- Security Access Controls
- Lighting Control
- Client Training
Management, Administration, & Accounting
With over sixty years combined experience, our CEO – Jim Leahy, and Director – Ron Balsdon direct the affairs of the company to adhere to our Mission Statement.
System Design & Drafting
Over forty years of technical design and drafting experience give Automatic Controls the technical knowledge required to design today’s HVAC control systems. Top-of-the-line CAD tools and up-to-date design methodologies are utilized to promote efficient designs.
Software Design & Information Systems
Our software design team creates the HVAC controls software to meet your design specifications. Experience in controls programming, networking and many programming languages (Niagara Framework, Java, LUA and HTML) allow our designers to build detailed programs that satisfy any design criteria.
Construction & Installation
Professional field installers ensure quality installation using high standards and many years of installation experience. Our installers are all members of the local I.B.E.W. 424 union. Our technical office staff are all graduates of University or NAIT Engineering programs.
We carry all of our most requested components in stock. Our Counter Sales team is responsible for the procurement of all parts and equipment for new construction, retrofits, and your daily controls requirements. All equipment that are not stocked can be expedited through Schneider Electric and our other suppliers. All of our parts meet Canadian quality standards. Contact us for all of your HVAC control needs.
We provide warranty, after-warranty, and maintenance service contracts in controls software and hardware, temperature controls, and HVAC equipment maintenance. Our System Support Program allows us to offer you upgrades at minimal and predictable costs, compliance with new environmental regulations and verification, access to very reliable operations and maintenance services, and remote equipment monitoring and diagnostics. Call Automatic Controls for all your maintenance service needs.